Yogurt with beets and walnuts
- 1 large beet
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 cup (240ml) Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (240ml) walnut halves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400oF (205oC).
- Cut off stem and peel beet. Coat in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add a sprig of fresh thyme and wrap in tinfoil.
- Roast in the oven 60 minutes or until tender.
- Let beet cool and chop into cubes.
- Put beet cubes in a bowl. Add Greek yogurt and walnut halves. Squeeze on fresh lemon juice and drizzle over olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.