Yellowtail Snapper on the Half-Shell
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill and brushing
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 whole fillets of snapper, scales and skin-on
- Preheat a grill to 500 degrees F and lightly oil the grates.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Gently melt over a low flame or heat.
- Brush the skin sides of the fillets with the olive oil and immediately lay the fillets skin side down on the prepared grill. Season the flesh side of the fillets lightly with additional salt, and pepper. Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, baste the fillets with the butter mixture.
- Once cooked, remove the fillets to a serving platter and baste for a final time with the butter mixture and serve.