EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy, Moderate, Complex
A recipe is merely words on paper; a guideline, a starting point from which to improvise. It cannot pretend to replace the practiced hand and telling glance of a watchful cook. For that reason feel free to stir your own ideas into this dish.
When you cook it once, it becomes yours, so personalize it a bit. Add more of an ingredient you like or less of something you don’t like. Try substituting one ingredient for another.
Remember words have no flavour, you have to add your own!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup All Purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat a large skillet over medium to medium low heat.
- Whisk together the oats, flours, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Using the same whisk, but in a second bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, eggs, vanilla and honey.
- Pour the wet into the dry mixture and stir briefly, just until combined. Spoon into the skillet and cook away!