Yield: 4 servings
- 2 x 1 pound (450 g) whole rainbow trout, cleaned and deboned by your fishmonger
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C).
- Drizzle trout with extra virgin olive oil, and rub to coat the outside. Open up both trout and lay flesh side up on a large, parchment-covered baking sheet. Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, fennel, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a bowl and toss to combine. Divide fennel mixture between both fish and close. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 1-2 minutes. Add fish to a large platter and garnish with lemon wedges.