This is the most divine, light and fluffy white chocolate mousse. Serve on its own or with whatever fruit is in season – raspberries, strawberries, blueberries are all very good.
- 50g (2ozs) white chocolate, chopped
- 75ml (3fl ozs) cream
- 1/2 leaf of gelatine
- 1 large egg white
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- Place the chocolate in a bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water, allow it to melt, then set aside and allow the chocolate to cool slightly.
- Whip the cream until almost stiff, place in the fridge.
- Place the gelatine in a bowl of cold water for 3 or 4 minutes, allow it to soften, drain off the water and then add 2 tablespoons of boiling water and stir to dissolve the gelatine.
- Place the egg white in a bowl with half the sugar, whisk until it’s firm then add the remaining sugar and continue whisking until the mixture is stiff.
- Pour the dissolved gelatine into the melted chocolate and stir to mix, then fold in the whisked egg white mixture then lastly fold in the cool whipped cream.
- Pour into glasses or bowls, cover and place in the fridge for a couple of hours until just set.