White Chocolate and Dried Cranberry Cookies
These are so yummy — and I feel that they are a tiny bit healthy too!
They keep perfectly for 4 or 5 days, and they freeze too.
- 150 g (5 oz) butter
- 150 g (5 oz) plain flour
- 1⁄2 tsp bread soda
- 50 g (2 oz) ground almonds
- 50 g (2 oz) porridge oats
- 50 g (2 oz) dried cranberries, or raisins, sultanas, currants
- 50 g (2 oz) soft brown sugar and 50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
OR 100g (4 oz) demerara sugar
- 100 g (4 oz) white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg yolk, or 2 small ones
Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F/gas 4.
Melt the butter, and allow to cool.
Sieve the flour and the bread soda into a bowl.
Add the ground almonds, oats, dried fruit, sugar, and the chocolate chips,
and mix up.
Mix the cool melted butter with the egg yolk, and pour into the dry ingredients,
stirring to combine.
With your hands, form into walnut-sized balls and arrange slightly apart from
each other on 2 baking trays.
Gently flatten the biscuits slightly, and place in the preheated oven for 8–10 minutes,
or until golden. Allow to cool a little on the trays before transferring them to a