- ½ cup (120ml) pitted prunes, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) honey
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- ½ cup (120ml) sweet onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) turmeric
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground coriander
- ½ cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) green beans
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) organic vegetable stock
- ¼ cup (60ml) almonds, blanched
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro and parsley, for garnishing
- Put prunes in a small skillet. Pour over water and honey. Cook until water is mostly absorbed.
- Heat base of tagine. Pour in olive oil. Add garlic, shallots, and onion and sauté. Add cumin, ground ginger, turmeric, and ground coriander and mix well.
- Mix in cauliflower, eggplant, carrot, zucchini, green beans, and tomato and stir.
- Pour over veggie stock. Stir well.
- Cover tagine with lid and cook 40 minutes, or until vegetables tender, stirring from time to time.
- Add blanched almonds to a skillet. Fry for a few minutes to toast. Serve veggie tagine over cooked couscous. Top with almonds, cilantro, and parsley.