- 500g lasagne sheets, par-boiled
- 1 bottle store-bought tomato pasta sauce
- 2 medium eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- 250g butternut sticks
- 125g zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Leftover vegetables
SAGE BECHAMEL SAUCE
30g sage, chopped
coarse salt and black pepper
250ml basil or sun-dried tomato pesto
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the eggplant and butternut on a flat baking tray and drizzle with some olive oil. Season them with salt and pepper and roast for about 20 minutes or until softened. Add the zucchini and continue roasting for another 10 minutes.
- For the Bechamel Sauce:
- Spoon a very thin layer of store-bought tomato sauce on the bottom of a pre-sprayed ovenproof dish. Top with a layer of lasagne sheets. The place single layers of zucchini, eggplant, butternut and top with half the sage butter sauce.
- Add another layer of lasagne sheets. Then spoon some more tomato sauce on top of the lasagne sheets. Then add another layer of lasagne sheets. Then add another layer of vegetables. Add another layer of lasagne sheets. Top with remaining sage béchamel sauce
- Dot with the pesto.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until bubbling and lasagne sheets are softened.