Ultimate One-bowl Chocolate Dessert Cake
- 125g butter, chopped
- 375g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 5 eggs
- cocoa, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 170°C (325°F).
- Place the butter and chocolate in a bowl and either microwave in short bursts until melted or melt in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Add the sugar, flour, milk and almond meal and mix to combine.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 22cm round springform tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Cover the tin with aluminium foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and cool in the tin.
- Dust with cocoa and serve with cream and berries.