Twice Cooked Turkey Meatloaf
PREP TIME: 15
COOK TIME: 75
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, homemade from good soft and sweet bread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups herb and oil marinated sun-dried tomatoes, pureed in a food processor, plus oil for griddle, preferably with garlic, herbs and dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl, reserving 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomato puree.
- Form the mixture into a loaf and transfer it to a baking dish.
- Cover and bake until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 1 hour.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Spread the reserved puree on top, then return it to the oven, and bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, heat up a little oil from the sun-dried tomatoes in a non-stick skillet or griddle.
- Cut the meatloaf into about 1-inch slices and add to the skillet.
- Crisp on both sides for an extra layer of texture.