Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
- 400g sweet potato, baked in their skins until soft, then cooled
- 3 free range eggs
- 140g light muscavado sugar
- 60g dark muscavado sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 150g dark chocolate 70 per cent, melted and cooled
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp chickpea flour
- 70g of good quality cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g Turkish delight, chopped
How to make Turkish delight brownies
- Heat the oven to 16°0C. Line a square brownie tin with greaseproof paper. In a clean, dry bowl whisk eggs, sugars and salt until they become really voluminous and pale. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Scoop out the sweet potato from their skins and mash with a fork. Fold in the chocolate, ground almonds, chickpea flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract until its incorporated. Add the Turkish delight.
- Pour into the lined brownie tin and bake for 35 minutes or until the top is firm.