PREP TIME: 30
COOK TIME: 5
- Ganache, recipe follows, refrigerated until firm
- Coatings: cocoa powder, caramelized hazelnuts, crunchy pearls, rainbow sprinkles, crushed toasted almonds
- 8 ounces good dark chocolate, chopped (not below 60 percent cocoa, recommended: Valrhona)
- 8 ounces heavy cream, scalded
- Remove the chilled ganache from the refrigerator. Scoop out little amounts onto a parchment or waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Immediately roll out each scoop into golf ball-sized pieces.
- Roll in the various coatings and arrange on a serving tray or store in the refrigerator, covered, until ready to serve.
- Completely melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add the cream to a medium bowl and pour in the chocolate. Whisk the mixture very slowly creating a shiny, elastic emulsion.