- Chef: Helen Tzouganatos
- Makes: 25 cookies
- Time: 15 minutes
- 150g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 225g or 1¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa or raw cacao
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1¾ cups or 200g plain gluten-free flour*
- 200g melted dark 70% cooking chocolate
- 400g dark 70% cooking chocolate, chopped
Melted chocolate to drizzle
Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper or prepare a silicone mat.
Beat butter and sugar for about 3 minutes until pale and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add all sifted dry ingredients and melted chocolate and beat until combined.
Add chopped chocolate and roll into flat rounds. If the mixture gets too sticky refrigerate for 10 minutes and roll smoothly between hands.
Bake for 10 minutes for crisp edges and a chewy centre or 13 minutes for a crunchy cookie. Cool on tray then drizzle with melted chocolate.
*Different brands of gluten-free flour deliver different results.