Tortilla Chips and Guacamole
- 8 wheat (or corn) tortillas cut into eighths (wedges)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 30g (1oz) parmesan cheese, grated
- Sea salt
- Heat up a deep fryer full of oil
- Mix the cayenne with the grated cheese, when the oil is hot drop in tortilla wedges, and deep fry until pale golden brown.
- Take out of the oil and while they are still wet with oil, sprinkle over the cheese and cayenne, OR just sprinkle over some sea salt.
- Delicious on their own, or dipped into guacamole, and tomato salsa, or red onion raita.
- 2 ripe avocadoes, peeled and stone removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 2 tbsp coriander or parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- Juice of ½ lime or lemon, approx
- Mash the avocado flesh; add the other ingredients, salt and pepper, and lime juice to taste. Put the guacamole into a bowl, and place a sheet of cling film on the surface, to prevent it going brown. Keep until needed.