- 1 tablespoon (15ml) avocado oil
- 2 cups (480ml) plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup (80ml) soft Fontina, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425oF (220oC).
- On a clean work surface, dust with flour, and roll out the pastry sheet into a thin rectangle. Put rolled out pastry on non-stick cookie tray.
- Fold edges of pastry to create a border. Pierce pastry with a fork, avoiding outside border.
- Beat one egg in a small bowl. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash on pastry.
- Bake pastry in oven until it starts to puff up.
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes and shallots. Cook until tomatoes are soft. Take off the heat and stir in the chopped rosemary.
- Take pastry out of oven, spread tomato filling over top.
- Lay slices of Brie cheese on top, and put back in the oven just until cheese melts.