- 16oz (454g) extra firm tofu, crumbled into bite-size pieces
- Sesame oil, for frying
- Peanut oil, for frying
- ¼ teaspoon (2ml) turmeric
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) garlic powder
- ½ cup (120ml) cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) veggie broth
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) watercress, torn
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped, for topping
- Drizzle sesame oil and peanut oil onto skillet and heat.
- Add turmeric and garlic powder. Add halved cherry tomatoes and saute.
- Pour in a veggie broth and stir.
- Add onions, green and red peppers. Cook, stirring, until liquid is reduced.
- Add watercress. Crumble tofu into skillet and cook, stirring, until tofu starts to soften.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Top with chopped chives.