PREP TIME: 10
COOK TIME: 20
- 2 tablespoons lemon-flavored olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1/4 cup shelled unsalted roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups hot water
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 dried Turkish apricots, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the couscous and pistachios and cook, stirring, until toasted and light golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the water, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir in the apricots and scallions, taste, and adjust the seasoning. Transfer the couscous to a serving bowl and serve warm with a little more lemon oil drizzled over the top, if desired.