The New Caesar Salad
- 8 rashers bacon, rind removed
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 2 baby cos (romaine) lettuces, trimmed and halved
- 8 long thin slices baguette, toasted
- 4 eggs, soft boiled and peeled
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- Caesar dressing
- 1 egg
- 2 anchovy fillets
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup (180ml) vegetable or grape seed oil
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Brush the bacon with maple syrup, place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- To make the dressing, place the egg, anchovy, sauce and lemon juice in a food processor and process until combined.
- With the motor running, gradually add the oil and process until creamy.
- Add water to adjust the thickness.
- To serve, place ingredients on plates. Top with dressing and parmesan.