So quick, easy and good for the soul!! Can be a meal in itself.
- 110g (4oz) flat rice noodles, medium, 1\2 cm wide
- 1x400ml tin of coconut milk
- 400ml vegetable stock/water/or chicken stock for non vegetarians
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 chilli, chopped OR 1 pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 450g (1lb) pak choi, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Probably won’t need any salt!!!
- Soak the rice noodles in boiling water for 10mins, or until soft, drain.
- Place the coconut milk, stock, ginger, chilli, garlic and fish sauce into a saucepan, bring up to the boil and cook for 5 min. Add the pak choi and continue cooking for another 5 mins, until pak choi is just soft.
- Then add chopped coriander. With a tongs divide the noodles (doesn’t matter if they have cooled down by now) into deep serving bowls, and pour a ladelful of the hot soup over them. Serve!!
**NOTE I have often made this at home when I have had no fresh coriander or pak choi, and it is still delicious. You could use parsley, even. For meat eaters thinly sliced chicken breast, (put in place of the pak choi, to cook for 5mins also, is great)
**NOTE You can cut the noodles to make them easier to eat, but in many parts of Asia it is very bad luck to cut noodles; it’s like cutting all your hopes and dreams!! Anyway, I prefer the slurping and sucking up of the noodles!!