Thai Chilli Fish Cakes with Roast Potato
Thai Chilli Fish Cakes with Roast Potato Wedges and Mango Salsa
- 300g fresh hake
- 2 slices white bread
- 100ml fresh milk
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 small chilli, finely chopped
- fresh coriander
- salt, pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 400ml sunflower oil
- 1 small mango, chopped into small cubes
- ¼ red pepper, chooped into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cumin powder
- chilli flakes
- 50g butter
- Cracked black pepper
- Soak the bread in the milk.
- Slice the raw fish into fine pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Add the red pepper, tomatoes, chillli, chopped coriander, egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the milk out of the bread and add to the mixture.
- Make round flattish shapes from the mixture and coat with the flour. Heat the oil in a pan on high heat and fry the fish cakes for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Set aside for later.
- For the salsa chop all the ingredients into small cubes.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce and finish with some chopped coriander.
- For the potaoes, cut into long thick wedges. Season with cumin powder, a touch of chilli and the olive oil.
- Put butter onto the potatoes and bake for 20-30 minutes at 180’C
- Serve on a plate with the salsa in a little bowl, and a mound of watercress to the on side of the fish cake.