Thai Beef Curry
- 1kg diced beef
- 2 tbsp Thai yellow curry paste
- 410 ml (1 2/3 cups) coconut milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) beef stock
- 4 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium onions (300gm), cut into thin wedges
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 8 fresh curry leaves
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp grated palm sugar
- 150 gm snow peas
- 2 tsbp finely chopped toasted peanuts
- ¼ cup (firmly packed) Thai basil
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- For garnish:
- Peanuts with skins on
- Place beef, curry paste and coconut milk in pressure cooker, and stir to dissolve paste.
- Add stock, ginger, garlic, onions, lime leaves, curry leaves, fish sauce and palm sugar and cook, covered, over low heat for an hour. Season to taste.
- Discard lime leaves. Add snow peas and cook, covered, over low heat until snow peas are tender (10 minutes). Season to taste, scatter with peanuts, basil and chilli,
- Take a tray and place some raw peanuts on it. Place the tray in a preheated oven on 180°C for 5 to 6 min, or until lightly toasted.
- Remove the peanuts from the oven. Then, remove the skins.
- Put them aside for garnish.