Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, or 2 small, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a saucepan or soup pot over medium heat and add the oil.
- When it begins to get hot, add the onions, carrots and celery and sauté until softened and fully aromatized.
- Add the sweet potatoes and enough broth to completely cover all the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until potatoes are very soft and then puree with a hand blender, food processor or countertop blender until smooth.
- You may also serve the soup ‘as is. Taste and add more seasoning if need be.