Sweet Potato Lentil Salad
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) grape seed oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) Puy lentils, cooked
- 1 cup (240ml) arugula
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60ml) goats’ cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400oF (205oC).
- Add sweet potato, carrots, onion, and garlic into a bowl. Add grape seed oil and stir to coat. Grind fresh pepper over top. Toss to combine.
- Pour veg onto a cookie sheet with a lip. Add thyme.
- Roast in the oven 20-30 min until tender.
- Once cooled, add to a bowl with cooked lentils.
- Add arugula.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and walnut oil. Pour into bowl. Toss to coat.
- Top with goats’ cheese and extra thyme.