Sweet Melon and Haloumi Salad
Sweet melon and haloumi salad with fragrant strawberries, spring onion and fennel drizzled with granadilla pulp and olive oil
- 150g haloumi cheese
- 1 sweet melon
- 1 packet mixed lettuce
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 3 spring onions
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2-3 granadillas
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt, cracked black pepper
- Place a pan over a medium- high heat and add 1/4 cup canola oil.
- Thinly slice 150g haloumi cheese, dust lightly with flour and quickly fry in the hot oil for 30 seconds on each side until golden brown.
- Remove using a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towel.
- Slice the sweet melon and strawberries into thin slices.
- On a platter, place the mixed lettuce and top with the melon, strawberries, fennel, spring onions and haloumi cheese.
- Drizzle the granadilla pulp over the salad and sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil, and serve immediately.