Super skinny grilled breakfast
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 rashers good-quality lean smoked back bacon, but trim fat to only leave the loin meat
- 4 brown-cap Portabello mushrooms
- 16 cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- A couple of sprays olive oil
- 2 slices granary or wholegrain bread , cut on the diagonal
- 2 good-quality free-range pork sausages, minimum 86% pork
- 2 free-range eggs, room temperature
- 150g blueberries
- 2 x 250ml glasses of orange juice
How to make a super skinny grilled breakfast
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Lay the mushrooms and tomatoes on a foil-lined tray.
- Spray with the oil and put in the oven to roast for 15 minutes. Heat the griddle to very hot.
- Shape the sausages into a pattie and lay onto a hot griddle on the grill trivet. Griddle for about 3-4 mins until cooked, turning occasionally.
- Spray the bacon with oil and griddle for 2 mins each side.
- Meanwhile, three-quarters fill a small pan, and a wide, deep sauté pan with water. Bring both to the boil. Lower an egg into the small pan and remove after 30 seconds. Crack the egg into a cup.
- Add vinegar to the larger pan then, using a wire whisk, swirl the water around to create a whirlpool.
- Remove the whisk and slowly tip the egg into the centre of the whirlpool. When the water comes back to the boil, remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave for 2-3 mins, then remove the egg.
- Lay the bread on the griddle pan, cook until crisp, about 1 min each side. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on a kitchen paper.
- Split everything between two plates and serve.