Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed, gills removed, and stalks reserved
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) canned artichokes, chopped
- ½ zucchini, shredded
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Grape seed oil, for frying
- ½ cup (120ml) spinach
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup (60ml) dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (60ml) grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
- ¼ teaspoon (2ml) fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375oF (190oC).
- Add red pepper, artichokes, zucchini to a bowl.
- Trim and chop the reserved Portobello stalks.
- Drizzle olive oil into a skillet and heat up. Add garlic and red onion and sauté. Add chopped mushroom stems and continue to cook.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Scrape spinach sauté into the bowl with the vegetables.
- Sprinkle over some salt and grind on some fresh pepper.
- Grate Parmesan into bowl. Add breadcrumbs and thyme and stir to combine.
- Spoon filling into cleaned Portobello caps.
- Top with a little more grated Parmesan.
- Cook in the oven 40 minutes.
- Remove and grate on a little fresh Parmesan.