Strawberry Rhubarb Clafoutis
- 2 stalks rhubarb, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- 1 cup (240ml) strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup (120ml) almond flour
- ½ cup (120ml) buckwheat flour
- ½ cup (120ml) coconut sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) almond milk
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).
- Put chopped rhubarb in a bowl. Drizzle over honey. Add sliced strawberries and stir gently to mix.
- Spoon fruit mixture into mini tart pans.
- Add almond flour, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, and salt to a food processor or blender. Add vanilla, almond milk, and crack eggs into food processor. Grate in lemon zest.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour batter over fruit in mini tart pans.
- Bake in oven until top is golden, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from mini tart pans.
- Top with coconut cream (see recipe), and a sprig of mint.