I suppose this is pretty much the same as Eton Mess, but I have not mashed the strawberries in this recipe, but you could.
Serves about 8
- 6 individual meringues (about 500ml in volume), broken up into rough 2 or 3cm pieces
- 250ml cream
- 250g strawberries
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Whip cream until thick, and add in broken up meringues and quartered strawberries, serve in little glasses, and dust with icing sugar.
- 2 egg whites
- 125g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150’c, and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the egg whites and the sieved icing sugar into a really clean dry bowl and on the highest speed possible on your electric beater or food mixer, whisk until the mixture forms stiff dry peaks .
- If you are making the meringue specially to break up into pieces for the meringue puddings (above) then just spread the mixture out till it is about 1 cm thick all over.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for about 50-60 minutes or until the meringue will easily lift off the paper.