When it comes to extra storage, it is surely something we can all do with! This project is easy as you can already have the wood pre-cut… So it is as simple as measure, mark and assemble. The upholstered seat allows you to introduce a patterned fabric of your choice to really give life to this project!
- Laminated chipboard. Black cherry or similar with same colour impact edging. NB ! not thick plastic edging.
- Bench sides – 450 x 450mm – 2 pieces (edged all round)
- Bench divider – 450 x 340mm – 1 piece grain in short direction (edge on 1 short side only)
- Bench top skirt 916 x 30mm – 2 pieces grain in long direction (edge on 1 long side only)
- Bench bottom skirt 916 x 50 mm – 2 pieces grain in long direction (edge 1 long side only)
- Bench top and bottom 916 x 450mm – 2 pieces grain in long direction (edge on 1 long side only)
- Base 6mm ply wood 910 mm x 414mm – 1 piece
- 50mm high density foam 910 x 414 mm – 1 piece
- batting 1500mm x 600 mm – 1 piece
- material 1500mm x 800 mm – 1 piece
- Drawers – 16 mm supawood
- Fronts and back – 335 mm x 445 mm – 4 pieces
- Base – 400 x 445mm – 2 pieces
- Sides – 335 x 400mm – 4 pieces
- Plastic screw plug caps to match the laminated wood and to fit chipboard screws. Not the big type.
- Wood glue
- Wood filler – 1 tub to match supawood
- 3,5 x 35mm chipboard screws
- Mark off where pilot holes will go
- Join sides, bottom and top skirts
- Insert top and bottom shelves
- Make the seat
- Build drawers