Stir-fried Green Beans
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300g green beans
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tbsp Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly steam the green beans until just cooked – “al dente”. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the wok on a very high heat, add the oil followed by the spring onions, chilli and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes taking care that the garlic does not burn.
- Add the green beans and stir-fry.
- Then add the fish sauce, sugar and pepper.
- Check for seasoning, adding more fish sauce or pepper to tas