Steamed Jasmine Rice
- 500ml (2 cups) Jasmine or Basmati rice
- 560ml (2¼ cups) cold water
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Wash rice very well about 3-4 times.
- Pour 2¼ cups cold water over the rice and a little salt. Place pot on a cold stove. Turn on heat and bring to a boil with the lid on.
- When water is boiling, immediately turn stove down to lowest setting and time for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from stove and leave rice in pot with lid on for 8-10 minutes or until steamed and fluffy.
© sharon glass 2012 | For more recipes: www.sharonglass.co.za