Standby Porcini Pasta
- 20g dried porcini mushrooms
- 200g spaghetti
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- finely grated parmesan and olive oil, to serve
- Place the porcini in a bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and keep warm. Place the pan back on the heat. Add the oil, garlic and thyme and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the porcini and roughly chop. Add the porcini to the pan with the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- Add the pasta to the pan with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Divide between serving plates and sprinkle with parmesan and olive oil.