- 150g butter
- 1¼ cups (275g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¾ cup (75g) cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place the butter, sugar and cocoa in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the butter has melted.
- Spoon into a bowl and add the vanilla and eggs, whisking well. Sift the flour over the mixture and whisk to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a 20cm-square cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until centre is just set.
- Cool in tin and cut into squares to serve.