Serves – 4
- 300g baby spinach leaves
- 6 rashers bacon
- 3 hard boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- 125g baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- Parmesan crisps
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50ml olive oil
- 25ml lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Wash and drain the spinach leaves.
- Place them in a salad bowl.
- Fry the bacon until crispy, then drain and chop.
- Add to the spinach with the tomatoes, cucumber and red onion. Toss to mix.
- Add the eggs and parmesan crisps.
- Pour over the dressing just before serving.
- Parmesan crisps. Place mounds of about 45ml of grated Parmesan cheese onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts and turns golden brown.
- Cool on the tray before removing.
- Dressing: combine all the ingredients and mix well.