Spinach-Ricotta Dip is delicious with cut pita wedges, and when transformed into Spinach-Ricotta Pesto Pasta With Crisp Prosciutto and Asparagus, it becomes a fast and simple weeknight dinner.
Yield: 2 cups
Prep Time: 1 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ease of Preparation: easy
Total Preparation Time: 1 Minutes
Total Time: 6 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. When oil shimmers, add pine nuts and cook until they make a popping noise and start to brown, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and onion and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer onion mixture to a food processor fitted with a blade, add in remaining ingredients, and process until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as necessary.
Serving Suggestion: Flatbread, toasted pita wedges, or lavash crackers.