Spinach and Rice Stuffed Chicken Breast
Chef Bruno has invited Zuraida Jardine to come back and cook with him, and they’re going all-out with spinach, ricotta & pine nut stuffed chicken breast with julienned vegetables.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless)
- 150g cooked white rice
- 50g pine nuts
- 2 table spoon of vegetal oil
- 100g fresh clean spinach
- A pinch of curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 3 carrots already peeled
- 1 fresh fennel sliced
- ½ red onion sliced
- Lemon juice
- Special oil of your choice (sesame, walnut etc…) to season the salad.
- 2 table spoon of Balsamic vinegar
- 4 table spoon of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of chopped fresh herbs of your choice.
- Baby leaves for presentation (optional)
- Salt and pepper
You can combine as many different fresh vegetables as you want to make the salad.
Don’t forget local chilies in the stuffing or the salad to add a spicy hit.
- Roast pine nuts in Tefal ceramic pan with a little oil.
- Once lightly browned, remove from the pan.
- Pour one spoon of oil and cook the diced onions until soft.
- Add the spinach and sauté until wilted (about 2 minutes).
- Add the rice and season it with spices, salt and pepper.
- Add the pine nuts and cool down the rice stuffing.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing it half way through and season it to taste.
- Add the stuffing and close up chicken breast.
- You can use some butcher’s string to be sure the stuffing stays inside.
- Turn on the Optigrill to chicken mode and grill the chicken breasts.
- During this cooking time, cut the vegetables (carrots and cucumber) in sticks and slice the onion.
- Mix all together with the dressing ingredients.
- Once cooked, plate up the chicken by slicing in half and garnishing with a wedge of lemon.
- Serve with the side salad.
- Bon appétit!