Spiced Red Lentils
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) peanut oil
- ½ red onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (480ml) red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 ½ teaspoons (13ml) garam masala
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) smoked paprika
- 4 ½ cups (1.1L) low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups (480ml) baby spinach, packed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs, poached
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, for topping (optional)
- Pour peanut oil into saucepan and heat. Add garlic and red onion and saute.
- Pour lentils into pan and stir to coat in oil.
- Add garam masala and smoked paprika to pan. Cook a minute.
- Pour in vegetable broth and stir. Cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Add spinach and stir. Cook until spinach has wilted.
- Top with poached eggs.
- Sprinkle on some hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy!