Spiced Pomegranate Jelly
- 700ml pomegranate juice
- 4 strips of orange peel
- 2 strips of lemon peel
- 2 cardamom pods
- 60ml castor sugar
- 12 leaves of gelatine or 25ml powder
- Mandarin segments
- Pomegranate rubies
- Pour the pomegranate juice into a saucepan and add the peel, cardamom and sugar.
- Just before the mixture boils, remove from the heat and set aside to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain to remove peel and spices.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water until softened.
- Squeeze out the excess water and add to the warm pomegranate juice. Stir well to dissolve.
- Pour mixture into moulds or serving glasses and set in the fridge.
- Serve with mandarin wedges and pomegranate rubies.