- 1 splash of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head of garlic, peeled
- 1- 28 ounce can of whole tomatoes
- 1- 5.5 ounce can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1- 454 gram box of farfalle or any pasta
- 1- 16 ounce box of baby spinach
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Toss in the onion and garlic and sauté just to heat through, a minute or two. Pile in the tomatoes, paste, wine, oregano, bay leaves and salt. Bring to a simmer and slowly cook until all the flavours blend and deepen, about 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is bubbling away, cook the pasta in lots of salty boiling water. Drain.
- Fold the sauce and the spinach into the cooked pasta, stirring and allowing the heat to wilt the spinach. Serve and share.