Speedy Roasted Chicken And Chips
- 1.6kg chicken
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4–5 large potatoes, scrubbed and cut into fat chips
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Using kitchen scissors cut down either side of the backbone of the chicken and discard the bone.
- Flatten the chicken and place in a baking dish skin-side up.
- Combine the paprika, thyme, salt, pepper and oil. Brush some of the mixture over the chicken.
- Place the potatoes in a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Toss with the remaining paprika mixture.
- Bake the potatoes for 10 minutes then add the chicken to the tray and bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the chips are crisp.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.