- 1 bulb garlic, with its hat chopped off
- Spritz of oil
- 2 medium aubergines
- Juice 1 lemon
- 100ml of 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 pitta per portion
How to make smokey aubergine and garlic dip with pitta bread
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the garlic onto a tray and drizzle with a spot of oil and some salt. Roast for 30 minutes then leave to cool until you can handle it. Squeeze out the garlic and chop finely until it becomes a puree.
2. Heat a griddle pan until it’s very hot. Slice the aubergines in half lengthways and season, then griddle for 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until soft – the skin will remain firm, but the flesh will soften. Lift the aubergines off the grill and leave until cool enough to handle.
3. Tip the aubergine onto a board and chop with the garlic until you get a thick pulp. Transfer into a bowl and mash with a fork. Beat in the lemon. Add the yogurt and chopped mint and season. Serve while still warm.
4. Toast the pitta bread on the griddle pan, cut into strips and serve with the warm dip.