Smoked Salmon Potato Salad
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- 10-12 red skinned boiling potatoes, or any other whole potato
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup capers
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup green hot dog relish
- 8 to 16 ounces of excellent smoked salmon, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced and diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch of dill, chopped or 1 bunch parsley
- Simmer the potatoes in lightly salted water until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain and cool until easy to handle.
- For baby potatoes simply halve into two chunks.
- Cut larger potatoes into similar sized pieces.
- Meanwhile whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper, capers and hotdog relish in a large salad bowl.
- When the potatoes are tender cut them and toss them in.
- You may assemble to this point and rest or present the salad with the remaining ingredients arranged on top.
- Or at the last moment toss in the green onions, celery, fresh herbs and smoked salmon. Enjoy!