Smoked Salmon and Fresh Baby Herbs
Smoked salmon and fresh baby herbs elegantly swirled on a potato and spring onion rosti with capers, cream cheese and red onion slivers
- 200g good quality smoked salmon, sliced
- 200g smooth cream cheese
- handful baby herbs
- 1 red onion cut into thin slivers
- cracked black pepper
- 2 large peeled potatoes, grated
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt, cracked black pepper
- 2 cups sunflower oil
- For the rostis, heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Mix the grated potato with the spring onion, beaten egg, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the flour and mould the mixture into round flat patties and place on a floured tray.
- Once you are ready to fry, drizzle some extra flour onto the flat potato rostis until they are completely coated and place carefully into the very hot oil.
- Fry for about 5-7 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove them from the oil and place them on dry paper kitchen towel.
- To serve, put some cream cheese on the cooled potato rosti and neatly place the smoked salmon in top of this.
- Garnish with the red onion slivers, cracked black pepper and some lemons, limes or fresh herbs.