Slow-Cooked Balsamic and Garlic Lamb
- 1kg lamb shoulder, on the bone
- 1⅓ cups (310ml) balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 140°C (275°F).
- Place the lamb, vinegar, stock, rosemary, garlic and sugar in a deep baking dish and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bake for 3 hours.
- Turn the lamb and bake for a further 2 hours.
- Remove the lid, increase temperature to 180°C (350°F) and bake for 30 minutes or until the lamb has browned.
- Remove lamb from the pan and keep warm.
- Pour the pan juices over a large bowl of ice and quickly remove the ice and the solidified fat with a slotted spoon.
- Place the pan juices into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Serve the lamb with crispy roasted potatoes, steamed greens and the pan juices.