Slim Lady Sculpture
by Bobby Westman
- Powertex Bronze 500ml PB500
- Stone Art 250g 0211
- African Lady A006
- Wooden block 12 x 12 x 6cm
- Thread bar 2 X 50cm
- Colourtricx Bronze C016
- Green Acrylic Craft Paint (any)
- Power Cotton POC 075
- Power Varnish V125
- Consumables: Aluminium Foil, Masking Tape, Broad Paint brush, Hammer
- Plastic sheet to protect work surface
- Step 1: Cover work surface with plastic sheet.
- Step 2: Drill a hole on the left front and the right back of the block of wood at an angle.
- Step 3: Place the thread bar into the holes and use hammer to gently secure the “legs”.
- Step 4: Tape the top of the legs together with masking tape.
- Step 5: Drill a bigger hole at the bottom of the African Princess so that the two taped “legs” fit
- Step 6: Using aluminium foil start building the shoulders and the rest of the body, tape securely.
- Step 7: Dip a long piece of Power Cotton into Powertex and attach to the taped leg area (stick
- loose end down with masking tape on leg) and wrap all the way up to the shoulders and
- around the neck area. Wrap Power Cotton around the other leg as well. Attach the end
- piece with masking tape so as to secure.
- Step 8: Cover the whole figure with a coat of Powertex Bronze.
- Step 9: Mix Stone Art and Powertex Bronze 1:1 by volume creating an air dry clay and start
- spreading the paste over the entire figure (also over the Power Cotton) up to the neck
- area. Sprinkle Stone Art onto the entire figure, rubbing in well.
- Step 10: Once painted with Powertex Bronze dip another piece of Power Cotton into Powertex
- Bronze, wringing out well and wrap from the right leg up over the hips area and around
- the waist, over the shoulders and around the neck and up to the head creating a turban.
- Spread more clay over the legs where necessary.
- Step 11: Using broad brush and any acrylic Moss green craft paint gently cover areas to give
- green effect.
- Step 12: Using broad brush and acrylic Moss green craft paint gently cover areas to give green effect.
- Step 13: Mix Colour Tricx Bronze and Power Varnish together and dry brush the face, turban and
- the face, turban and certain areas of the Power Cotton. Leave to dry.