PREP TIME: 10
COOK TIME: 10
SERVES: 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 quart lowfat buttermilk
- In a small heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, add the pineapple, sugar, water or pineapple juice, lemon juice and zest. Stir just until sugar melts. Let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer pineapple mixture to a food processor, with 1 cup buttermilk. Puree until smooth. With the motor running, gradually add remaining buttermilk, until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into a freezer-safe dish and place in the freezer. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Eat and enjoy!