They’re the perfect pair — meat and potatoes. Aida takes these classic favourites’ and gives it a little kick. She tops perfectly cooked Seared Strip Steaks with North African-Spiced Butter. That’s accompanied by crispy, seasoned Olive Oil Oven Fries. On the side is refreshing Simple Green Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing.
Yield: 2 to 3 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Ease of Preparation: easy
Total Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cured pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lightly packed lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon rinsed and finely chopped cured anchovies (about 2 fillets)
- Bring a medium pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare a water bath by filling a bowl halfway with ice water.
- Once water boils, add green beans until cooked but still firm, about 4 minutes. Place in ice water bath until cool. Drain and shake off excess water.
- In a medium nonreactive bowl, thoroughly mix olive oil, juice, zest, and anchovies; season well with salt and pepper. Add green beans, shallot, olives, and parsley, and mix well; taste, adjust seasoning as needed. Salad can be served immediately though flavor improves as it sits.;