- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs and milk in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 22cm springform tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Top with the apple and blueberries and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the cake is cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream.