Ultimate Chicken Sausage Deluxe Pizza
- ¼ cup organic Tomato Sauce
- ¼ tbsp minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 chicken basil sausage link-pre-cooked is best for this recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ red bell pepper-jarred roasted red peppers work and are a great time saver
- 4 oz prepared pizza dough, about 1/3 of the package
- 2 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped scallion, white and green parts
- 1 tsp coarsely chopped fresh basil (optional)
- For the tomato sauce, heat oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Preheat a gas grill or stovetop grill pan over medium high heat. Place chicken and bell pepper on the grill. Grill the sausage until cooked through, about 2 minutes each side; set aside. Continue grilling the pepper, turning, until the skin is blackened, 10 to 15 minutes. Place pepper in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand until cool enough to handle. Peel, stem, and seed the pepper; cut or tear half the pepper into large dice, reserve the other half roasted pepper for another dish. When chicken sausage is done slice thinly and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
- Spray an aluminum pizza pan with non-fat cooking spray. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to stretch the pizza dough into a THIN round (about 8 inches). Place it in the prepared pan. Spread the dough with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with half of the cheese . Arrange the sliced chicken sausage on top, and scatter the pepper over. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the edges are crisp and lightly browned, and the cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with scallions, and basil , if using. Let pizza stand about 2-3 minutes before eating .