How to make cut out flowers, butterflies and blossoms to make a vine around a cake civered with chocolate scrolls.
Material / ingredients required
- Cutting board
- Petal pad / mouse pad
- Small rolling pin
- Chocolate modelling paste in 3 different chocolate colours
- Palette knife
- Butterfly cutter
- Daisy cutter
- Blossom cutters
- White & brown chocolate(to be melted)
- Icing Modelling tools
- A plain cake iced in the middle and in top and covered around the sideswith chocolate scrolls
- A piece of raffia/ ribbon to tie around the cake
- Small paper/ plastic piping bag
- Packaging plastic sheet (cut out a couple of small square to put into egg box cups)
- An empty egg box
To make the flowers & butterflies, roll out one of the chocolate pastes on the cutting board, rolling it quite thinly and cut out a couple of each different shaped cutter. Then cut out more in each different coloured paste.
For the daisies, roll out balls of a different colour to the flowers and press the balls into the middle of the flowers to make their centres. They can be decorated in the centres with a bit of melted chocolate, using a piping bag, or just leave them plain.
Place each flower on a square piece of packaging sheet and set aside
Once you have all your decorations ready, melt a little chocolate to use as the glue to stick the decorations to the cake. Using a paint brush or a palette knife, dab a little chocolate to the back of the decoration and stick it directly onto the cake, pressing it slightly to make sure that it sticks.